How To Adapt To The Change of Lanes When Going Abroad
Driving a vehicle has always been subjected to the various rules of society, as is the case for everything else as well.
When it comes to driving, one of the most profound of rules that one comes across is the rule regarding how a vehicle should be driving on the road, particularly the side of the lane that is to be used.
For more information visit
Andy1st driving school.
There are currently two variants of the above.
Today, the world drives either on the left or the right side of the lane. The exact side of the lane preferred for driving depends on the country being considered.
Traffic in much of the countries relies on right-hand side driving. This is true for almost all countries of the world, with the exception of a few countries. On average, about 66% of the world’s population drives to the right and the remaining 34% of the world sticks to the left.
These rules aren’t exactly strict and unchangeable as one might think.
On the contrary, they have changed throughout history, with countries across the world slowly shifting to driving on the right-hand side of the road. This is an ongoing trend as there is no indication that everything will remain the way it is.
In simple terms, there is very much the possibility that the direction of the traffic can change at a moment’s notice across entire countries in the blink of an eye. While process itself might take some time and may not be accepted by citizens in a positive manner, it is certainly something that has happened in the past and will probably happen in the future.
The United Kingdom happens to be one of the few countries that have its traffic on the left-hand side of the road. It joins the ranks of other countries that happen to be part of the 34% of the world, where the traffic is on the left-hand side of the road.
The above is the case across the British Isles, be it the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) or Ireland.
While the side of the road that one is driving on might not be a real issue while one is in the same country, it can prove to be rather problematic when they move abroad.
This is especially true in such cases where the destination happens to have a lane of driving that is the exact opposite of their home country. Such a scenario can cause issues when it comes to getting an international driving license or perhaps even a driving license in the host country, where a separated driving license will need to be obtained to legally drive.
As a result of this, it would certainly seem like a difficult task for one to adapt to the stress of managing the transition process.
The reality is that it’s quite simple and easy when one understands what is to be done. The actual skills of driving can transfer itself from one country to another. The real issue likes in the way one handles a car’s gear box, where one shifts it’s usage from one hand to another. With the exception of the gear box, much of the controls and everything else tends to remain the same.
Once the driver gets familiar with using the other hand to handle the gear box, the rest of the process becomes easy.
Apart from this, there will be the issue of turning the vehicle and getting used to the psychological ‘trauma’ of driving on the ‘wrong’ side of the road. These issues tend to take care of themselves as the mind gets adapted to its new surroundings.
As a whole, it should be understood that he side of the lane where a country’s traffic drives can vary significantly.
Knowing about this fact can help one to better accommodate and adapt when they move from one country to another, making the process of adjusting to a new society a lot easier than otherwise.